Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Listening To Child Play

Today was a work day for me. Around 10:00 a.m. my little story-time girl game in. She came up to me and gave me a big hug. She stayed near me as I worked. Then she got some puzzles out while she was waiting for story-time to start. She would dump them on the floor then say she needed help doing them. Her mother was right there so they all got put together. Then it was story-time.

This week was on Thanksgiving. We had a turkey puppet and once the little girl saw it she wanted to have it. So everywhere we went in the library and in our library room for story-time she and the turkey were together. She got a mat out for it so the turkey could set next to her as I read the story. When we colored she would get a crayon and match it to what color was on the turkey. It was just a precious time. When we did the song "Shake Your Sillies Out" and it was time to clap she took the turkey's feet and was clapping them together.

Later on when story-time was over another child came into the library and was playing in our play area.  She was so happy. She began to sing a song. I am not sure if she was making it up as she was going along or if it was a song she might have learned in preschool. But it was a joy to listen to her sing.

I am so glad that the Lord tells us to be like children when it comes to trusting in Him. For children are so trusting. And they love so easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment