Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What Is A Disciple?

A disciples is a person who has accepted Christ as their Savior and then live so that the world will know that their God is the true God.

When Jesus was here on earth He choice twelve men that would carry on the message of the kingdom of God and also the gospel message. We can find what the gospel message is by reading I Corinthians 15:1-4.  "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

There are many who are believers, but few who are actually could be considered a disciple. In Bible times person would follow his teacher known as the Rabbi. Then when they got to a certain time in their training then they were able to go on and be a teacher and train others.

The most important part for us today is that we are trained by reading the Bible and seeing how Jesus lived. Then when we are ready, which we have the Holy Spirit also to help us, we too can go out and tell others our story of how we came to know Christ and what He has done in our lives.

So I hoping as I learn more about being a good disciple I can share with you more things. And we can become disciples or become better disciples as we go along.

Next time I will give you my story or testimony on how I first became a Christian and then how I believe also am a disciple.

No comments:

Post a Comment