Thursday, October 4, 2012

My Testimony

House Family

In 1965 I just graduated from high school. My cousin was dating a young man who did not drive but his friend did. So my cousin decided it would be nice if I meet her boyfriend's friend. I must say it was truly love at first sight. We meet around Thanksgiving time. At Christmas time my boyfriend gave me his class ring and to him that was an engagement ring. On February 14, 1966 he gave me my real engagement ring and we set the date to be married.

Before I meet Bill I was not a Christian. Bill was attending a church in which preached the Bible and so I attended his church. The Holy Spirit was working in my life as I heard the gospel message. When we went to the Pastor's home to have counseling he asked me if I had accepted the Lord. At this time I still had done so. I said, yes, and so we prayed together. That was February 18th 1966. It might seem like I just did it so that we could get married. But that was not the case. I truly wanted Jesus in my life.

So on August 20, 1966 we were married. And we just celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary.

It has taken many years to grow like I want to. Actually I am still growing in my Christian life and I believe that Jesus wants me to be a disciple and tell others about the good news of Christ and Him dying on the cross, buried, and was risen up on the third day. Then later He left earth in a cloud and His with His Father right now. He is praying for me and all those who are true believers in Him and who He is. Do you know that if Jesus didn't die on the cross that we would never be able to be with God His Father in heaven. That is because of sin that we have in our lives because of what happened in the Garden of Eden with Adam and Eve.

So I am very happy to say that I am very glad that my cousin had her idea and that I meant Bill and also Jesus.

The other people in the picture that I have is our oldest son in the black shirt. My husband in the white sweatshirt. Myself next to my husband. Our youngest son. And the young woman in the front with the green shirt is our daughter which is the oldest of the three children. We also have a child that went home to be with Jesus in 1974.

No comments:

Post a Comment