Sunday, May 13, 2018

It's Not Easy Being A Christian

Question
Have you every found yourself having everything going smoothly in your life? You say to yourself that it is good to be alive?

My Story
I was just thinking about this thought the other day. I was saying to myself that now that I am retired and have a lot of free time that I can do a lot of things. No real problems, health is ok, and my marriage of almost 52 years is going great.

Well, today I had a severe panic attack. I was paralyzed from my waist down. I had just gotten up from a nap.I went into our living room and there discovered my husband had moved something that I had placed somewhere else. For me that was the last straw and I went in the bedroom to talk to the Lord about this. I did and he calmed me down and we talked out the problem that I was having in my thought life. That is when it happened. I had gone paralyzed. This has happen before and I usually get over soon after it happens. Today was not the case. Being that my husband was upstairs there was no way I could let him know what was happening. I lay on the bed for about an hour and a half.  I tried to relax and just let it pass. Once in awhile I would try to move my lower body-nothing happened.

Finally I could feel my legs again and I could get up. The first thing I said was, "Thank you Lord."

Why this is happening is because I have been reading my Bible and am spending more time with God. When I do this then I get all kinds of different things happen. Either it is Satan trying to get me away from the Lord again or It is God testing me. There is a difference. Satan attacks in the areas I am weakest. My thinking, my health and my marriage. If not all three at a time he takes one at a time.

God is kinder. The tests are not easy but He only shows me one area that I need to work on and He gives me verses and other means of helping me get through. Victory is a great thing. Some times it takes me a little longer to get victory, but it comes.

Thought For The Day
How about you? Do you have days like this? Do you know whether it is a test or Satan? My prayer is that you will know the difference and the day will go better.

No comments:

Post a Comment