Monday, May 14, 2018

365 Days Of Wonder

Question
Have any of you read the book Wonder? It is about a boy who was deformed from birth, had many surgeries, and then the story starts with him going to public school for the first time. It was a difficult time for him. This book is also a movie. It is found in the Teen section but is a book or movie for whole family to see.

The Arthur, R.J. Palacio, has written other books and the one I am quoting from today is called,  365 Days Of Wonder Mr. Browne's Precepts. It is book of daily quotes by different people. When I read the one for today I just had to share it.

"You were born An original don't become a copy" Dustin. I know for myself that sometimes I try to be like other people. But as my husband says, "There is only one like me!" He is right. God made me just the way He wanted me to be so all I need to do is listen to Him and He will direct me in the way I should go.

I am very thankful for how I was created. God has made me so that I really have to depend on Him for everything. I like that too as I am used to depending on people that have been and are in my life. Who better to take directions from then God my Heavenly Father.

Thought For The Day
How about you? Do you like yourself or do you try to copy someone you know? Do you depend on God and are thankful for how He has made you?  Let that be your goal for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment