Saturday, May 3, 2014

Thinking About Home

When you think about the word home what do you think about? Is it your family, your treasures, such as a collections that you have put together, or pictures your children or grandchildren have drawn and are on your refrigerator? Maybe you have a pet and when your away for the day you look forward to coming home to your pet. By the way, I have a turtle and she is now celebrating her twenty-third birthday. 

Is your home a happy home with lots of excitement and challenges of raising children of all ages? Maybe your children are still in the baby stage, or middle aged, and yes maybe even teenagers. It is never quiet in your home, but you want to be the best parent you can be. And you look forward to what a day may be with the Lord's help He will get you through. Maybe are your children are grown and it is just you and your husband and you may be adjusting to the change. 

Now all the things I mentioned above have to do with our earthly home. These are the things that the Lord has provided for us and has given to us to take care of. But if you are a believer in Christ you have another home to look forward to going to. What comes to your mine when you think of heaven?

As I was waking up and having my quiet time with the Lord that thought came to my mind.  Jesus was my first thought. then seeing God in whatever form He is in. Jesus has a body because of His death on the cross, but I am not really sure what my Father is going to look like. 

There are other things about our new home that are going to be different then the ones down here. Jesus is preparing a mansion for us. All kinds of thoughts come into my mind when I thought of a mansion. It could be huge, or it might be a small home, but it doesn't really matter as Jesus is making a special home just for us. 

There will be no night there. That is nice. I like daytime better. No more crying, hurting, and we will be around a lot of people. I just enjoy being with people. And I imagine that the Lord will have plenty of work for us to do, but that won't be a bad thing. We will eat in heaven too. And it is going to be a very beautiful city with streets of gold and gates of peal. But I don't think we are going to really notice those things as we will be with Jesus and God our Father. 

Oh what a eternal that will be!

Are you looking forward to going to your new home? Your real home in heaven?  

No comments:

Post a Comment