Thursday, May 29, 2014

Communications

Starting today for my e-mail devotional (Reading The Bible Together-bjhousewriter@gmail.com) I started to do a word study. The word for today was apostle. Which means one sent forth with orders, a messenger, or a delegate. Galatians 1:1 was the reference and Paul was the apostle. If you would like to receive this devotional just write in the subject I would like to receive devotional and I will add you to the list. 

The other day while working at the library we received some donations of books. I enjoy finding out new information on things so I was able to bring home a book called Eureka! It is a book of illustrated history of inventions from the wheel to the computer. The book is copyrighted so I can not copy any information word for word, but I can give you a general account of what I discovered.

So one of the first words I come to is communication and it is suggested that not only the use of traveling somewhere, let's say by car, train, or plane, communication could mean sending a message carried by someone else if you could not deliver the message yourself. So I felt that this discovery was very timely. Of course in Bible times most people traveled by walking or if they had one a donkey. Later as time went on there became many ways of traveling. 

Apostles, missionaries, just a person in general can be called by God to be a messenger in some form. That is so exciting to me! I hope that you like to share Jesus with others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment