Monday, November 11, 2013

Do You Love Yourself?

For many years I have struggled with loving myself. I don't mean in a way that is prideful but in the way that the Lord would be pleased with. One of the greatest commands is to love your neighbor as yourself. The Bible tells us that no one hates themselves.

I am one of those who had been abused as a child, teen years, even sometimes in my adult years. So I have always had a very low self-esteem. So the other day I just sat down with my Father and asked Him what I needed in my life to help me love myself so I could love others. Here is the answer.

Now that you are truly wanted.

Now that I am truly loved.

Now that I have been chosen by God to be in His family.

Now that I am special in God's sight as all of His children are.

And know that I am a woman and to respect myself and feel like a woman and not some object that was used as fulfillment for someone else's pleasure.

I must tell you just they few things has changed my way of thinking. And has helped me to grow in my spiritual life and in my everyday living. I am not a victim but God is showing me how that I can use what has happened to me in a good way. Help others who are hurting. And truly get out of my rut and move forward.

Are you not loving yourself because of your past or what is going on now. Ask God to help you find out what you need to move forward.

I am willing to listen to your stories and pray for you. Reply on this site or e-mail me at bjhouse writer@gmail.com and write story in subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment