Saturday, September 28, 2013

Years Gone By

I enjoy reading about history. Right now I am reading a lot of books dealing with time period of 1861-63.

Right now I am reading a diary written by Caroline Cowles Richards. She started her diary in 1852, when she was ten, and finished writing it in 1880. What I found most interesting was that every morning before she would go to school Caroline would read three chapters in the Bible everyday and five chapters on Sunday. This would take her through the Bible in a year.

In school the children would read the Bible and pray. If only our children could do that today.

At least we can teach our children or grandchildren that if they are a true believer they can pray anytime and anywhere. It might not be out loud, but they can pray silently and God hears them. I am so happy for this. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment