Monday, September 30, 2013

Right With God

Romans 3:21,22 (NLT)
"But now God has shown us a different way of being right in His sight--not by obeying the law but by the way promised in the Scriptures long ago. We are made right in God's sight when we trust in Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in this same way, no matter who we are or what we have done."


I just started a new Sunday School class a few weeks ago and we are studying the book of Romans. As I started reading it on my own I came to Romans 3: 21, 22. To me this verse shows me that as a Gentle I too can be saved. I need only to trust in Jesus Christ to take away my sins. I did that in 1966 and I must say it has not only been a blessing but a help in time of need. I know that Jesus is the Son of God and that Jesus died on the cross and rose again and is now with His Father. Jesus is coming back for me and all of those who have accepted Him and are in the family of God.

I am waiting to hear that trumpet and see my Lord coming in a cloud to raise the dead first and then myself if I am still alive.

Are you excited about being in God's family? Are you in God's family? Have you done what the Scripture has said and trust in Jesus Christ to take away your sins. I hope so.

What a great gift we received and I have so much joy when I read the Bible and learn how God wants me to live. His standard is high, but well worth setting forth a goal to follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment