Monday, April 22, 2013

Events Since April 1,2013

Monday started out with me talking to my brother. It was around 10:45 a.m. He told me that our mother was failing fast. So I told him I would get a flight out for the following day. We hung up and he went and told my mother that I would be down the next day. She took her last breath and peacefully went to be with her Lord.

Monday then our son called around 3:00 pm and said he would be arriving at our home around 4:00. I said that would be fine. I was excited to see him. Our daughter arrived at our house a little before her brother. I was chatting away telling her what my brother said in the morning. I could sense something was wrong. Our daughter went out to the kitchen where my husband was and I could hear them talking softly. I knew then that my mother had passed away. My daughter told me it was when my brother told her I was coming down. I believe she was just hanging on until she heard we were going to be altogether.

Tuesday I arrived in Florida and our journey began of getting use of not having our mother around. As time went on my sister, brother and I got to know each other better. I was adopted and ao this was about the fourth time I had been wirh them as a family. I knew everyone all my life but they were my Aunt, and cousins. I must say my birth family lives were very different than mine growing up.

Wednesday my daughter and her family cam down driving their newer car they just bought. They stayed at a hotel and on this day my sister, brother, my great niece, and I went to the funeral home to make the arrangements for the funeral.

Thursday, Friday, Saturday is when all the other relatives came in and I was able to see a lot of great nephews, nieces and a few great-great nephews and nieces.

Sunday came and after church my son-in-law started his car up and was going to go to the store for some food for lunch. However his car would only go in reverse. They tried to get to the transmission to check on fluid but the whole car had to be torn apart. So my son-in-law rented a car the rest of time they were there. They were still under warranty but they had gone over the miles allowed so they had to pay for làbor. A wrong part was ordered and so it turned out they had to stay an extra week.

Monday was the day of the furneral. It was a beautiful day.The sun was shinning, it was warm, and it was also my sister's birthday. She was so honered to have our mother buried on her birthday.

One more thing. The day I left for Florida my husband felt a bunch about
t the size of a small plum. He took me to the airport than went to the doctors and found out it was a herina. I came home early and went to the surgeon with him. It was then that the doctor found another one on the other side. Surgery will take place on May 2.

Now the reason I shared all this with you is to tell you that we all knew God was in control of all things that happened. And I just want to give Him the praise for seeing the whole picture and knowing how He was going to work all things out for good.

So next time you are having what seems t be a bad time just pray and see how God answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment