Saturday, August 26, 2017

It's Been A Long Time

It has been a long time since I have written a blog post. Between being physically sick I have to say my spiritual life has suffered also, I have also a woe-is-me complex. I'm getting older, just turned 71, my health is bad, just fell and broke my shoulder in three places. How can the Lord use me? What does He want me to do?

As I was sitting on my new couch, which is in front of our new window, I could look across the street and see a huge tree and a lot of other trees surrounding it. It took me back in time when I was growing up and looked out at the same tree and thought about how nice it would be to have a boyfriend, do teenage things and what it was going to be like when I grew up. I didn't know the Lord until I was nineteen. My world was all messed up. But as I was thinking about it I realize that the Lord has always told me after I became His that He has something good for me to be doing. Even though I no longer a Sunday School teacher or involved so much in that kind of ministry. I work at a library, I am a wife, mother, grandmother, sister, aunt and a great-aunt. So I have a lot of people I can share with my love of the Lord and be a good example to all of them. If the Lord wants me to do other things He will show me and help me along the way.

Prayer
Thank you Lord for being with me even when sometimes I am so weak and turn from you. You are still with me and You will guide me in the right direction. In Jesus Name I pray this.

No comments:

Post a Comment