Thursday, December 11, 2014

Mary And Her Baby

The Christmas Story
2014

Imagine Jesus, His Father God, and the Holy Spirit talking in heaven. They are all Spirits and one of the things that they were discussing was what they were going to do to help the people become part of their family.

They knew ahead of time that the first people that they put on earth would go against God the Father and be separated from Him.  So the plan was that when it was time God would send down His Only Begotten Son to save the world and allow them to become part of the family of God.

What was the plan? Jesus would leave His home in heaven. Leave His Father, and the Holy Spirit. He would be placed in the womb of a virgin girl named Mary by the Holy Spirit. Then Jesus would grow just like a normal baby and have a human nature along with being God the Son.

When Jesus told a story or parable He used symbols of the day and that is what I am going to do for our story. The site I am using to get my details is called Bump. I am not using word for word from this site but summarizing details that are important to our story.

We are going to look at the first eleven weeks of Jesus’ life in Mary from Jesus' point-of-view.

Week 3&4: Poppyseed is the size of Jesus.

*John 1:1-5 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him: and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Jesus:
It is time for me to leave my Father, the Holy Spirit, and my heavenly home and come and live among the people of  the Jewish world.* The angel has told Mary, my earthly mother, that she is going to conceive me. She is a bit frighten because she is engaged to Joseph and what will he think when he finds out that she is going to have a baby. But my mother said, “Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word.” The angel then went away.

Weeks 3 and 4- I am now about the size of a poppyseed. My  spine, brain and backbone are already forming. My amniotic sac and fluid are forming into protective cushioning for Me. It is at this time that my mother may beginning the stage of morning sickness. It even may last through out the whole day. She may have bloating and mood swings. This would be a great time for her to pamper herself--but will she?

Week 5- I am the size of an apple seed. now and My major organs such as my heart, stomach, liver, kidneys, digestive, circulatory and nervous systems are developing. My mother is very tired and still having the morning sickness. This is the time that she should be around other woman having babies but she stays with her cousin Elisabeth and helps her while she is having her baby.

Week 6- I am the size of a sweet peat. I have doubled my size in just a week. My blood is increasing its flow through my body and my circulatory system is on its way to developing. I am wiggling my paddle like hands and feet. My poor mother is now very tired and her body is beginning to get ready for when I am born. She still has morning sickness and is moody and needs extra rest.

Week 7- It has arrived and I am now the size of a blueberry. I am now generating about one hundred new brain cells each minute. My brain and heart are becoming more complex. My kidneys are now my kidneys are permanently formed. My mother's morning sickness is doing better and now she is beginning to crave different things to eat. She is becoming emotional.

Week 8-I am now the size of a strawberry. I am moving my arms and legs like crazy. My fingers and toes now slightly webbed and my tail is gone. My taste buds are now forming.

Week 9-I am the size of a green olive. It is now month three. I am no longer known as a embryo but I have become a fetus, which means I am looking and becoming more and more like a baby. My small heartbeat can be heard by a doctor. My mother has put on some weight by now maybe one to five pounds.

Week 10-I am the size of a prune, which means I am about 1.2 inches long and weigh about 14 ounces. I have working arm joints and cartilage and my bones are forming. Fingernails and hair are starting to appear. I am now able to swallow and kick.

Week 11-I am now the size of a lime. I am now about 1.6 inches long and weigh about 25 ounces. I have only two more weeks in which I will still be in the trimester or stage one of my growth. I am able to move fluidly and gracefully. My skin is see-through, but on am on my way to looking more like a baby. My fingers and toes aren't webbed anymore. And I am beginning to develop tooth buds, hair follicles and nail beds. My mother, along with some of the other things my mother is going through, is having leg cramps. Sometimes it wakes her up at night.


(Will stop here for now and continue on next time. I want to leave you with the following verses:
Psalm 139:14-18
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
If should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.)

We are all wonderfully made and God formed us just the way He wanted to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment