Thursday, April 3, 2014

Take Time To Rest

If you are anything like myself you don't take time to rest. I mean just go to a place and be quiet and just enjoy the quiet time. I always feel guilty if I am not doing something. But you know what? God rested after He created the universe. So He didn't feel guilty. In fact He tells us in Genesis to take a day of rest.

When I was growing up no businesses were open on Sunday. It was a given thing. Now people are sometimes working, if they could, seven days a week or over forty hours a week. This week alone I am working five days a week when I only usually work three. I am a person who fills in for people for some reason or another are not able to work.  It is not a hard job and I enjoy it, but it is sitting for five or six hours at a computer some days and that gets tiring. So I get up and walk around and then feel better.

So our thought for today is that we take time out to rest. Some people take a walk in a park or on a trail. Some sit outside in their backyards and just be still and listen to what is around them. Some go into a room or take a drive to their favorite place.

Find your place and rest and enjoy the moments that you can get away and just think about God, look at His creation, and rest your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment