Monday, October 21, 2013

Appearances are often deciving

I was thinking about using this idea of what you see is maybe not want you really get. A product, a person, a book all may look good on the outside, but may be not so good on the inside.

As I was reading through my e-mail today I received one with this quote from Aesop, "Appearances are often deceiving." I said to myself ok Lord I was right Your Spirit was directing in this direction.

What made me thing of this idea is people are saying I am looking really good. Which I enjoy hearing, but if they only knew how much physical pain I am in. They don't see it as I try to cover it up as much as possible.  Many people with illnesses, that people don't see, go through this a lot. People don't understand why we can't do a lot of things. It is because we are in pain, or very tired and just don't function the way we used to.

Same way with people who call themselves believers or Christians. They have all the right answers, they have what I call the spiritual words, they quote Bible verses and seem to have it all together but in reality they are far from the Lord. We don't know it, but God does.

So be careful that in your spiritual life especially you are not deceiving people. But be the real thing. As far as your physical illness goes most people don't really want to hear about your aches and pains so best share with those you know will understand what you are going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment